Pharmacist engagement 2017
To ensure that the Brisbane South PHN supports primary health providers deliver coordinated, efficient and effective clinical services to patients, it also seeks the active involvement from pharmacists to provide knowledge and experience from the broader pharmacy sector around topical and local issues.
Brisbane South PHN offers support in the way of services for pharmacists such as in the field support, regular communication and project based initiatives. These services are tailored together with a pharmacy clinical advisory lead to ensure that the contribution that pharmacists make aligns with the shift toward collaborative and patient centered models of health care.
All pharmacy activities align with the priority areas identified in our Whole of Region Needs Assessment and have been developed based on feedback from local pharmacists.
For more information please contact our Pharmacy Engagement Coordinator, Jennifer Roberts, via email@example.com
- Pharmacists are represented through two member organisations
- Our Regional Clinical Council currently has a pharmacist member
- Pharmacists participate in our pharmacy survey
- We communicate regularly with pharmacists from varied clinical streams,
- Area Account Managers provide in the field support and collate feedback from local pharmacists. A current promotion Brisbane South PHN is establishing are new Communities of Practice (CoP) to support local health practitioners including pharmacists with similar special interest areas.
- Project based initiatives. A) Motivational Interviewing and COPD Health Status Project Closure Report B) PIR: pharmacists have ongoing capacity to access supportive and simple central intake and referral process for Partners in Recovery. PIR referrals are accepted from anyone in the community or health sector who knows someone who would benefit from this mental health program.
Brisbane South PHN supports pharmacists by:
- addressing local provider needs
- updating on relevant CPD opportunities
- creating opportunities for referrals into general practice
- coordinating multidisciplinary education and events
- disseminating pharmacy specific communications
- commissioning pharmacy based initiatives
- provide evidence based updates on clinical topics of interest
- support pharmacist in general practice research
- assisting promotions around health literacy campaigns
- assisting with creating linkages between general practice, AHPs, local hospital and health services and community organisations
The Pharmaceutical Society of Australia – www.psa.org.au
Pharmacy Guild of Australia Queensland Branch – www.guild.org.au.
The Society of Hospital Pharmacists of Australia – www.shpa.org.au.
The Guild Find a Pharmacy website – www.findapharmacy.com.au. This website has been designed specifically to help consumers find a pharmacy by location, service, operating hours and languages spoken.
NPSMedicinesWise – www.nps.org.au. Many of the Brisbane South PHN initiatives and educational events can link with clinical topics that are delivered on this website.
The Remain Home Project – www.remainhomestudy.com. A Brisbane South PHN commissioned project looking at pharmacist directed research work.
A great way to keep up-to-date with the latest news, opportunities and programs is to receive our fortnightly Brisbane South PHN Bulletin and our monthly Allied Health and Pharmacy Update.
Visit the Expressions of interest and tenders page here.
Education and Training – Pharmacists are welcome to attend events hosted by Brisbane South PHN. View our education, training and events to register for our upcoming events